If your children or grandchildren have become Canadian citizens, then you must have planned to go there every now and then. Every time you go, you need to handle the complicated and lengthy visa process. A Canadian super visa can make things really easy for you.
Canadian super visa has some attractive features. You can stay in Canada for up to 2 years with this visa. It covers your medical expenses while you remain in Canada. Most importantly, you don’t have to go through the usual visa process if you have a super visa.
What Is A Canadian Super Visa?
The Canadian super visa is a multi-entry visa for Canadian citizenship holders’ parents and grandparents to stay longer than the usual visa.
It allows you to visit Canada multiple times for 10 years. You can stay with your children or grandchildren for two years at each visit.
Remember that being the parents of a child who lives in Canada doesn’t automatically make you eligible for a super visa. Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) give some specific requirements to qualify for this visa.
Canadian Super Visa Requirements
According to the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the visitor must:
- Be a parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizenship holder or permanent resident of Canada. So the visa is not eligible if your children are temporary foreign workers.
- Provide valid documents for your children’s employment.
- Prove that your child has the minimum necessary income.
- Your child or grandchild’s written statement that they will provide financial support while you stay in Canada.
- Documents of passing immigration medical examination.
- Have a minimum of 1 year’s medical insurance coverage of at least 0,000 from any Canadian insurance company. It includes coverage for hospitalization, medication, repatriation, and other health cares.
They also check some other things to grant you a super visa like the purpose of your visit, your financial condition, your ties with your homeland, and the political and economic condition of your country.
How To Apply For The Visa
When you apply for a super visa, you have to give your biometric fingerprint and photograph. You can apply online or paper.
To apply online, you need to-
- Scan all your documents by a scanner or camera to make a digital copy.
- A valid credit card to make payment.
To apply via paper, you need to-
- Download application package from the Canadian government website.
- Fill the form accordingly.
- Attach the following documents-
- A proof that you are genuinely the parent or grandparent of your Canada living child or grandchild. It could be a birth certificate or other valid documents that prove the relation.
- A letter of invitation from your child/grandchild.
- Document of medical insurance in Canada.
In both cases, please read the form and guidelines carefully. You may have to pay your application fees in Canadian dollars.
The Canadian super visa processing time depends on the immigration authorities and the country from where you apply. Usually, you will get the visa within a few weeks.
How Is The Super Visa Processed
- The authorities review the applications and documents after you send it.
- If the application gets approved, they will return your documents and passports along with the visa.
- If the visa gets rejected, they send back your documents and passport. You will also get an explanation of why your visa gets rejected.
Multiple Entry Visa Vs. Super Visa
As you have already known that super visa is a multiple entry visa. So what’s the difference between usual multiple entry visas and super visas? The big difference between the two visas is a multi-entry visa for ten years allows visitors to stay in Canada for 6 months where a super visa enables visitors to stay for 2 years.
The Bottom Line
A super visa creates a golden opportunity for you to spend quality time with your children and grandchildren living in Canada. Canada’s government always values its residents’ roots. A considerable number of people are applying for a super visa and visiting their children/grandchildren every year.
If all the documents are right, there is no reason to miss a super visa. Many people get rejected just because they don’t apply accordingly or make some mistakes in paperwork. So if you need any assistance regarding the Canadian super visa application, feel free to knock us.