Protecting Your Labour and Employment Rights
Your Employment Lawyers in Calgary
During the course of employment and upon termination, you may deal with various workplace and government rules and regulations. These could get complicated depending upon your role and responsibilities. As your employment lawyers, we offer approachable and results-driven service that can help maintain a healthy relationship between employer and employee.
Legal Services Offered
When dealing with an employment law problem, it is imperative that you have all the information to make an educated decision. At Osuji & Smith Lawyers, we have the skill and knowledge concerning a wide range of employment law. Our lawyers have dealt with the matters listed below.
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements/contracts
- Drafting and reviewing employment policies
- Confidentiality agreements, noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements
- Short-term and long-term disability claims (STD and LTD)
- Employment insurance claims
- Canada pension plan
- Human rights and discrimination claims
- Provincial and federal employment standards
- Sexual harassment claims
- Workplace bullying
- Matters of privacy and privacy legislation
- Fiduciary obligations of employees
- Employee rights connected to amalgamations, mergers and sale of the business
- Strategic planning and corporate structuring
- Employment litigation (for both employees and employers)
- Employment immigration, including labour market opinions (LMOs) and temporary foreign worker permits
For other issues, you can contact us.
Workplace-Related Questions? Contact our Calgary Office.
We are conveniently located in Kensington, close to downtown Calgary, Alberta. To schedule an initial consultation, either email us by completing the online contact form or call us at 403-283-8018. Our staff is approachable and willing to help you with your worries.