Nitin is a new associate with our firm. He joined our team as an Articling Student in May, 2016, for the continuation of his articles, after completing his partial articling at the Alberta Civil Liberties Research Centre (ACLRC). He obtained his Master of Laws (LL.M) Degree with specialization in Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Law, from the University of Calgary in 2015. During the program, he received the 2015 Graduate Student Achievement Scholarship Award by the Alberta Government. Nitin is a published author and an avid blogger. His paper on Public Participation in Federal Environmental Assessments under the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012 (CEAA), which he co-authored with Professor Shaun Fluker, University of Calgary, was recently published in the Journal of Environmental Law & Practice (JELP) Vol- 29.
Nitin brings in his past legal experience into his practice. In India, he practiced in diverse areas of law such as constitutional law, criminal law, employment law, environmental law, human rights and civil liberties. He also assisted the Additional Solicitor General of India and Senior Advocates before the Supreme Court of India on various matters. Nitin holds an LL.B degree from Campus Law Centre (CLC), Delhi University, and a B.A. in Political Science and Geography from Bundelkhand University, India.
Nitin is passionate about his involvement with the local community in Calgary. He has volunteered with various organizations, such as the Calgary Legal Guidance, ACLRC, Lawyers-ASSIST, Calgary Region Immigrant Employment Council (CRIEC), Habitat for Humanity etc. Since 2016, Nitin has volunteered as a Director at the Rocky Mountain Civil Liberties Association (RMCLA). His contributions at the RMCLA include promoting awareness of human rights and civil liberties for new immigrants and visible minorities. Nitin is also an effective public speaker and made several public presentations and media interviews, including his presentations on the issue of Police Carding in Calgary, with the Chief of Police Staff, Calgary.
Nitin is multilingual with professional proficiency in English and Hindi; Level I & II Language training in French from the University of Calgary; and basic conversational skills in Punjabi and Marathi.
In his leisure, Nitin loves to escape into the natural wilderness, lakes and peaks in Alberta and British Columbia. He enjoys meditation, long walks in the woods, drawing pencil sketches, and spending time with his family and friends.
You may contact Nitin at 403-283-8018 or email.
- New Delhi, India 2010
- Alberta, Canada 2017
- University of Calgary, AB (Specializing in Oil Sands Law, Oil & Gas Law, Energy Law, Environmental Law and Public Lands and Natural Resources Law)
- Master of Laws (LL.M)
- Federation of Law Societies of Canada
- Certificate of Qualification (NCA) – April, 2014
- University of Calgary
- Foundations of Project Management MITAS, – February, 2014
- Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi, India
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) – May, 2010
- Indian Law Institute, New Delhi, India
- Post Graduate Diploma in Securities & Banking Laws, – April, 2009
- WIPO Geneva
- Certificate Course in Intellectual Property Rights – November, 2008
- Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, UP, India
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) – June, 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Canadian Bar Association ,Member
- The Calgary Bar Association, Member
- The Law Society of Alberta, Member
- Rocky Mountain Civil Liberties Association (RMCLA), Director
- Calgary Region Immigrant Employment Council (CRIEC), Member/Mentee-Alumni